Almond Chicken Florentine is a delicious homemade meal with almonds, garlic, mushrooms, sherry, tarragon, chicken breasts, pasta, and fresh spinach. This creamy dish is easily adjustable to fit your tastes and made with simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Creamy Almond Chicken Florentine is a delicious but easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy! With crunchy almonds, fresh spinach, and creamy fettuccine this is a must try dish.
Despite a long list of ingredients, Almond Chicken Florentine is pretty simple to make. It’s perfect for hot summer days when you want to avoid turning the oven on.
Ingredients To Make Almond Chicken Florentine
- chicken breasts
- fresh baby spinach
How to Make Almond Chicken Florentine
First, chop the almonds and set them aside. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccine. Then melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until soft.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour and water until smooth. Pour into the skillet and stir well. Add milk to the skillet and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Add in the sherry, herbs, spinach, and chicken and stir well.
When the fettuccine is cooked through, or to your liking, drain it. Stir it into the sauce mixture, sprinkle with almonds and serve.
Tips & Notes
This easy chicken Florentine recipe is made from scratch and perfect for dinner any night of the week. Here are some excellent tips to help you make the best chicken Florentine you’ve ever had.
- Add a splash of chicken broth for added flavor, and thin out the sauce if it gets too thick.
- Make the sauce gluten-free and leave out the flour.
- Leave out any vegetables you don’t like and add in other summer vegetables like yellow squash, zucchini, artichokes, or cherry tomatoes.
Lemon chicken Florentine is easily customizable to fit your tastes and preferences. Here are some ideas you may want to try.
- Use heavy whipping cream for a thicker sauce.
- You can use frozen spinach instead of fresh. Be sure to thaw and drain it first, so it doesn’t make your sauce watery.
- Use leftovers to make chicken Florentine crepes for breakfast the next morning.
- Turn this dish into chicken Florentine soup by adding chicken broth and cutting the chicken into cubes.
- You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if you prefer.
- This recipe uses sherry, but you can substitute white wine.
- Replace the fettuccine pasta with angel hair pasta.
How to Serve
Serve the creamy chicken and sauce over the fettucini pasta.
Lay down about one cup of pasta in a dinner bowl, place a piece of chicken on the pasta, and spoon the sauce over the plate.
Use a fork and knife to cut into the chicken and pasta and enjoy it while it’s hot!
How to Store
Refrigerator: Keep any leftover creamy chicken Florentine in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
Reheat: Reheat an individual portion or all the leftovers in the microwave or a skillet on the stovetop.
Freezer: This dish doesn’t freeze well since it contains milk and the texture isn’t the same when it’s thawed.
This recipe makes the florentine sauce a creamy spinach sauce made with butter, milk, and sherry.
This dish originates from Florence, Italy making this dish Italian.
Make a delicious chicken sandwich with your leftover almond chicken Florentine.
Toast sourdough bread, place a piece of chicken on it, spoon on a little sauce, and top with the other piece of bread.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Almond Chicken FlorentineCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Creamy Almond Chicken Florentine is a delicious but easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy! With crunchy almonds, fresh spinach, and creamy fettuccini this is a must try dish.
1/2 cup whole toasted almonds
1 onion, cut into thin slices
1 clove garlic, mined
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup water
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sherry
1 teaspoon tarragon
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
16 ounces fettuccine
6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Chop almonds and set aside. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the fettuccine.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and water until smooth. Pour into the skillet and stir well.
- Add milk to the skillet and stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the sherry, herbs, spinach and chicken and stir well.
- When fettuccine is cooked through, drain. Stir into sauce mixture, sprinkle with almonds and serve.
More Pasta Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog