Balsamic Roasted Vegetables make the perfect addition to any dinner entree. The caramelized balsamic flavor is a great way to dress up all those veggies, providing you with not only a healthy side dish, but also a delicious one.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Who knew all that savory flavor could be found in a meal that takes less than 30 minutes to complete? Chop up your favorite vegetables, coat them in the tangy balsamic sauce mixture, and let them roast in the oven– that’s it! 25 minutes later you have an excellent side dish that you can feel good about eating.
Another convenience this recipe offers is how versatile it can be. While summer squashes and bell peppers are excellent options, many other vegetables pair well with balsamic as well. This allows you to choose whatever is in season at the moment, or any veggies you already have and need to use up!
Ingredients to Make Balsamic Roasted Vegetables:
- yellow squash
- red bell peppers
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- minced garlic
How to Make Balsamic Roasted Vegetables:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Spread vegetables evenly over the sheet pan and pour balsamic mixture over them. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Notes & Tips
- Add ins: In addition to or instead of the summer squashes and bell peppers, you can also use asparagus, carrots, broccoli, edamame, or cauliflower. Balsamic is a flavor that goes great with most vegetables!
How to Store:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Do not freeze.
Expert Tips for Balsamic Roasted Vegetables:
- For the best results, use high quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa, or as a side dish for a main course.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Balsamic Roasted VegetablesCourse: Dessert
2 medium zucchini, quartered
2 medium yellow squash, quartered
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Spread vegetables evenly over the sheet pan and pour balsamic mixture over them. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
More Side Dish Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog