Summer days just got a little bit sweeter around here. Sip on a Blueberry Bourbon Smash for a light and refreshing cocktail while soaking up the sun or relaxing in the shade.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Craving your favorite liquor, but wishing for a fruity twist? Look no further than our invigorating blueberry bourbon smash. It has the perfect balance of bourbon bite, fruity sweetness, and fresh basil flavors to satisfy your tastebuds.
This drink is incredibly easy to put together and will have you looking like a mixologist pro. Just crush together the fresh ingredients, pour the liquids in, strain, and garnish! So easy, so beautiful, and yes– so tasty.
Ingredients to Make Blueberry Bourbon Smash:
- lemon wedge
- basil leaves
- simple syrup
- crushed ice
How to Make Blueberry Bourbon Smash:
Muddle together lemon, basil and blueberries in a cocktail shaker until all the juices are released. Pour in bourbon and simple syrup, shake for a minutes and strain into a glass filled with ice.
Notes & Tips
- Bourbon: You can use rum, vodka, or tequila in place of the bourbon, if preferred.
- Blueberries: Feel free to mix or switch out any berries that you have. Strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries would be excellent in this drink as well.
- Basil: Since basil is part of the mint family, you can easily replace it will oregano or mint for a similar flavor.
- Lemon: Don’t have a lemon on hand? No problem. A lime works well, too!
- Add-ins: Add in a splash of club soda or ginger ale at the end for some extra fizz!
Expert Tips for Blueberry Bourbon Smash
- We do not recommend preparing this drink ahead of time or storing it for later consumption. The fresh ingredients would not age well once muddled, and of course the ice melting would water down the flavor considerably! However, if you make your own simple syrup (see below), that can be prepared ahead of time.
- If you don’t have any simple syrup, it’s easy to make! Heat equal parts water and sugar to just below boiling and mix until the sugar is dissolved into the water. Let cool and measure out 1 ounce to put in your drink. Homemade simple syrup can be refrigerated for up to one month.
- A cocktail muddler will be the most efficient at mashing the fresh ingredients, but you can get the job done easily with the back of a wooden spoon as well!
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Blueberry Bourbon SmashCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
1 lemon wedge
3 basil leaves
¼ cup fresh blueberries
2 ounces bourbon
1 ounce simple syrup
- Muddle together lemon, basil and blueberries in a cocktail shaker until all the juices are released.
- Pour in bourbon and simple syrup, shake for a minutes and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and basil leaves.
More Drink Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog