A beloved classic dinner dish made easier? Yes, please! If you love chicken parmesan (which, let’s be honest, we all do) then you absolutely must try our delicious Chicken Parmesan Meatballs.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Chicken parm is a popular red sauce dish that you pretty much can’t go wrong with. The one downside, however, is having to bread each piece of chicken which can be time consuming and create so many dirty dishes! Not so with these delectable chicken parmesan meatballs.
This recipe takes everything you love about chicken parmesan and turns it into the perfect quick meal for busy weekdays. Simply mix the meatballs together, place in a baking dish, cover with sauce and mozzarella cheese, and voila! An impressive meal to satisfy any Italian cravings.
Ingredients to Make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs:
- ground chicken
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- italian seasoning
- marinara sauce
- fresh mozzarella cheese
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, half the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place evenly in a baking dish.
Pour marinara sauce evenly over the meatballs and bake covered for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each meatball. Return to the oven for five minutes. Once cheese is melted, remove from the oven and serve over pasta.
Notes & Tips
- Breadcrumbs: if you don’t have seasoned breadcrumbs on hand, unseasoned will work fine. Just add an extra teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the meatball mix.
- Mozzarella: You can use shredded mozzarella instead, but freshly sliced mozzarella gives it more flavor.
- Pasta: The types of pasta we suggest to go with these meatballs are spaghetti, angel hair, or penne.
How to Store:
You can store these chicken parmesan meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Freeze the meatballs without cheese in aluminum foil for up to 4 months.
Expert Tips for Chicken Parmesan Meatballs:
- Brown the cheese by placing in the broiler, but be careful not to burn them. Usually about 2-3 minutes does the trick.
- You can use canned or homemade marinara sauce. The better the quality of the sauce, the better the chicken parm will be.
- Instead of serving with pasta, use sub rolls to make meatball subs.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Chicken Parmesan MeatballsCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1 pound ground chicken
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
24 ounces marinara sauce
4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, half the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place evenly in a baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce evenly over the meatballs and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each meatball. Return to the oven for five minutes. Once cheese is melted, remove from the oven and serve over pasta.
More Chicken Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog