Cinnamon Banana Bread takes a well-loved recipe and packs in even more flavor. The addition of cinnamon chips to an already moist and sweet banana bread will turn this into a new family favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Finally, a solution for all those overripe bananas! You won’t be disappointed by using them up in this tasty quick bread. If by chance you want to make this and your bananas aren’t quite ripened yet, scroll down a bit for a solution under our Expert Tips section. You absolutely don’t want to lose the sweetness that comes with a perfectly ripe banana!
Everyone should have a solid banana bread recipe in their back pocket. Here’s yours! Friendly suggestion: go ahead and make two. That way you can keep one and serve the other, since it will surely disappear as soon as it’s set out!
Ingredients to Make Cinnamon Banana Bread:
- all purpose flour
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- overripe bananas
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon chips
How to Make Cinnamon Banana Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf baking pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add in eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars. Add to wet ingredients until just combined.
Add cinnamon chips. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake in the oven at 350 for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
Notes & Tips
- Cinnamon chips: Though a distinct flavor for this bread, you can use chocolate chips instead of cinnamon chips if preferred.
- Add in: Chopped walnuts are a delicious add in that provide some extra crunch.
How to Store Cinnamon Banana Bread
This quick bread will stay fresh in an air tight container at room temperature for 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or cover it in aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To defrost, simply place it in the fridge overnight.
Expert Tips for Making Cinnamon Banana Bread
- To ripen your bananas quickly, place them (unpeeled) on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 300. They will be soft and the peels will be black all over.
- This recipe can easily be made into muffins instead of a loaf. Simply pour the batter into a greased muffin pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Cinnamon Banana BreadDifficulty: Easy
2 cups flour
⅓ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 overripe bananas
½ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf baking pan with cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add in eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars. Add to wet ingredients until just combined. Add cinnamon chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake in the oven at 350 for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
More Banana Bread Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog