Bring authentic Mexican flavor to your table with this delicious Elote Dip! With mouth-watering and explosive flavors, Elote Dip, also known as Mexican Street Corn, will bring an exciting taste to your dinner table tonight! This is a perfect appetizer or party dip for your next summer get together.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Elote Dip is a flavorful blend of classical Mexican flavors, all in one convenient, easy to make dish. It is an incredible mix of tastes with the sweetness of corn, the salty Cotija cheese, the creamy mayonnaise and the zesty lime. With a flavor profile so robust, people will be talking about your wonderful dish all day long!
Elote Dip is a very serviceable appetizer or dip. It not only has a powerful flavor but it is very versatile as well, being able to be served warm or cold. This makes it a no-brainer for your next office potluck, or get-together. Bring Elote Dip to the table at your next Sunday football party or Super Bowl party and you are sure to be the MVP!
Ingredients to Make Elote Dip:
- sweet corn
- sour cream
- lime juice
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- lime zest
- cotija cheese
How to Make Elote Dip:
In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add both cans of corn and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Once cooled, transfer corn to a large bowl. Add in mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder garlic powder and cotija cheese. Mix until well combined then transfer to a serving dish. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Notes & Tips
How to Store
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Do not freeze.
- You can also use frozen corn, thaw first, or fresh corn cut off the cob.
- If you run out of chips try serving in taco shells, rice bowls or on lettuce.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
- 2 cans (15 ounces) whole kernel sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add both cans of corn and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer corn to a large bowl. Add in mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder garlic powder and cotija cheese.
- Mix until well combined then transfer to a serving dish. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
More Appetizer Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog