Add some sweet and buttery flavor to your side dish with these fresh and easy Maple Glazed Carrots! This simple recipe is made by coating fresh carrots in an irresistible maple glaze and cooking to caramelized perfection.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
When it comes to side dishes, there’s nothing more simple and unique than warm, sugary goodness to complement the other tastes of your main meal. With just three easy steps, you can have this sweet and savory side dish to pair with the rest of your delicious meal. All you’ll need is carrots, maple syrup, butter, and seasonings to add a burst of flavor into tonight’s dinner.
Everyone at the table will be fighting over these carrots, coated in a warm, buttery, sweet-filled glaze. The savory but sweet carrots, caramelized to perfection, cut through the heavy, hearty flavors of your main dish. Adding these maple glazed carrots to tonight’s dinner will be a favorite for everyone, especially the kids! They will not believe that a healthy vegetable side dish could be so irresistible!
Ingredients to Make Maple Glazed Carrots:
- Carrots – Peeled and sliced. Dish looks great with traditional orange carrots – add purple or white to really add color to your dish!
- Maple Syrup – Use authentic maple syrup, it is worth it.
- Butter – Salted will make the savory combination of salty and sweet stand out even more in this dish.
- Thyme – Substitute with any other of your favorites, sage, rosemary, etc,.
How to Make Maple Glazed Carrots:
In a large skillet, melt butter and add maple syrup. Add in carrots, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper then mix to coat carrots in maple mixture. Allow to cook for 20 minutes until syrup cooks down to thick sauce and carrots are tender. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh thyme.
Notes & Tips
How to Store Maple Glazed Carrots
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. You can reheat in a saucepan on the stove, covered, over medium heat.
Of course! Just make sure you add a few minutes to the cooking time, they may take a bit longer to become tender.
You can, but I do highly recommend you use authentic maple syrup.
You can slice them to your preference, whatever works for you. I do, however, slice them at an angle so that they are a little bit larger. This is so they don’t get mushy while the syrup is cooking down.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Maple Glazed CarrotsCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add maple syrup.
- Add in carrots, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper then mix to coat carrots in maple mixture.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes until syrup cooks down to thick sauce and carrots are tender. Remove from heat and garnish with fresh thyme.
More Side Dish Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog