Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Wrap
Quick, easy, and packed full of flavor, this Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Wrap is a must try recipe. You will absolutely love this savory mixture of chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and feta cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. It also doesn’t have to taste boring! These delicious Mediterranean chicken pesto wraps are tasty and simple to put together but provide you with a ton of nutritional value.
All you need is 10 minutes and you can prepare for yourself a healthy and satisfying meal for lunch or a light dinner. Using leftover chicken and other easily added foods, these wraps are perfect for busy evenings, quick lunch preps before work, and everything in between!
Ingredients to Make Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Wrap
- tortilla wraps
- cheese wedge
- spring mix greens
- leftover rotisserie chicken
- sun-dried tomatoes
- basil pesto
- crumbled feta cheese
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Wrap
To assemble the wrap, spread the Laughing Cow cheese wedge in the middle of the tortilla. Then, place the remaining ingredients down the center of the tortilla in the following order: spring mix greens, rotisserie chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto, crumbled feta cheese.
Fold the wrap and cut down the middle with a serrated knife. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later use. That’s it, a simple, quick and healthy lunch or dinner!
Notes & Tips
One of the great things about Mediterranean-style foods is how versatile they are. You can switch it up to whatever suites your tastes! Here are some tasty substitutions.
- Additions: Some other additions that could be included are cucumber, red onion, cherry tomato, hummus, pepperoncini, or olives.
- Spring Mix Greens: You can switch up the greens with whatever you have on hand. Spinach, arugula, kale, or even romaine lettuce.
- Feta Cheese: Feta cheese is a defining flavor in this Mediterranean chicken pesto wrap, but you can sub it out for another cheese if preferred. Mozzarella is a great option for a more mild flavor.
- Sauces: There are a few sauces or dressings that can be added to take the flavor up another notch. Greek dressing, tzatziki sauce, or dill sauce are popular additions to many Mediterranean dishes. Note: if adding a sauce, do not put sauce on too far ahead of serving, otherwise it may make the tortilla soggy.
How to Store Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Wraps
These wraps can be made ahead of time, making them an excellent option for meal prepping. Tightly wrap each prepared tortilla with plastic wrap or foil and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Expert Tips for Mediterranean Chicken Pesto Wraps
- To prevent spillage and enjoy this meal on the go, wrap the wrap in parchment paper before cutting with a serrated knife. No more mess!
- To prevent unraveling of the wrap, add a small amount of the Laughing Cow cheese wedge to the end of the tortilla and firmly press into the side of the wrap.
- You can warm the chicken in a covered frying pan on low heat with a swig of olive oil if preferred, just don’t warm the entire wrap or the spring mix will get soft and soggy.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Mediterranean Chicken Pesto WrapCourse: Dinner, Soups u0026amp; Salads
1 tortilla wrap
1 Original Laughing Cow cheese wedge
1 cup spring mix greens
1/4 cup roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons basil pesto
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- To assemble the wrap, spread the Laughing Cow cheese wedge in the middle of the tortilla. Then, place the remaining ingredients down the center of the tortilla in the following order: spring mix greens, rotisserie chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto, crumbled feta cheese.
- Fold the wrap and cut down the middle with a serrated knife. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later use.
More Lunch Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog