A fun spin on the classic dinner dish, these Mini Meatloaves are as tasty as they are adorable! With the sweet, tangy glaze and tender meat, this quick recipe is a great go-to option for busy nights.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
One of the best ways to change up a recipe is to simply change how it’s presented! Meatloaves are a popular meal that everyone loves and is familiar with. So what if we took the classic dish and made them mini? That’s exactly what we did, and it couldn’t have turned out any better!
This recipe checks all the boxes. A comfort food, but not super unhealthy, familiar, easy to make, and delicious! Now we can add another to the list: these mini meatloaves are very convenient for serving! Everyone gets their own meatloaf, and everyone leaves the dinner table full and happy.
Ingredients to Make Mini Meatloaves
- ground beef
- seasoned bread crumbs
- marinara sauce
- shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- barbecue sauce
- white vinegar
How to Make Mini Meatloaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, parsley, and egg.
Form the mixture into 4 round loaves and flatten each loaf slightly. Place loaves on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
While mini meatloaves are baking, mix all of the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Take the meatloaves out of the oven and spoon 1-2 tbsp of sauce over each loaf. Bake
for 5-7 additional minutes. Garnish the finished meatloaves with freshly chopped parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Notes & Tips
- Bread Crumbs: you can replace the bread crumbs with crushed up crackers or quick-cooking oats.
- Marinara sauce: in a pinch, ketchup can be used in place of marinara sauce.
- Parmesan cheese: if you prefer a different cheese, shredded cheddar or shredded mozzarella will work in this recipe as well.
- Add-Ins: onions or minced garlic would taste great in these mini meatloaves.
How to Store Mini Meatloaves
These mini meatloaves can be stored in an airtight container and put in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If freezing, let the meatloaves cool completely before covering with plastic wrap and then placing in a freezer bag. They can be kept frozen for 3-4 months. Place in the fridge the night before to defrost.
Expert Tips for Mini Meatloaves
- Use a bit of a leaner meat. 80/20 beef will still provide a tender outcome, without as much excess grease.
- Do not over mix these meatloaves! Over mixing will result in dense meat.
- Let the meatloaves rest for at least 10 minutes before serving them. This allows the juices to redistribute evenly.
- Meatloaf leftovers make a great base for new meals! Crumble the meat and use it in our Slow Cooker Taco Soup for delicious dinners two nights in a row.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Mini MeatloavesCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
⅔ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
½ cup marinara sauce
⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup BBQ sauce
½ tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, parsley, and egg.
- Form the mixture into 4 round loaves and flatten each loaf slightly. Place loaves on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- While mini meatloaves are baking, mix all of the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Take the meatloaves out of the oven and spoon 1-2 tbsp of sauce over each loaf. Bake for 5-7 additional minutes.
- Garnish the finished meatloaves with freshly chopped parsley if desired and serve immediately.
More Dinner Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog