Cool and refreshing Old Fashioned Lemonade is the essence of a relaxing, sunny summer day by the pool or working in the garden. It’s so much easier to make than you would think, once you try it you will never buy the powdered or frozen lemonade again!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Old Fashioned Lemonade is made with simple, natural ingredients so you don’t have to stress about feeding your family additives and preservatives.
Ingredients to Make Old Fashioned Lemonade
- fresh lemon juice
- cold water
- lemon slices
- ice cubes
How to Make Old Fashioned Lemonade
In a large pitcher, dissolve sugar in lemon juice. This lemonade is best made with juice squeeze from fresh lemons. You can use a small manual squeezer or you can invest an a hand press juicer if you love making homemade juices often!
Add in the water, lemon slices and ice cubes, stir well. You can add more sugar or more lemon juice depending on how sweet or sour you prefer!
Notes & Tips
This Old Fashioned Lemonade recipe is easily adaptable to make exactly how you’d like. Here are some options and suggestions to make this the best lemonade you’ve ever had.
- Heat water: if you want the sugar to dissolve faster you can heat the water slightly on the stove, mix in the sugar and allow the water to cool before finishing the lemonade.
- Mix-ins: add some strawberries or raspberries for some extra fruity flavor. You can also add a few splashes of vodka for a tasty adults only lemonade.
- Garnish: garnish with mint leaves or more lemon slices to make your lemonade look just as good as it tastes.
How to Store Old Fashioned Lemonade
Freezer: you can freeze the lemonade concentrate (the sugar water and lemon juice mixture) in a freezer bag for up to five months. Then when you’re ready to make it, thaw the bag in the fridge for a day then finish the recipe.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Old Fashioned LemonadeCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
1 cup fresh lemon juice
¾ cup sugar
4 cups cold water
1 lemon cut into slices
- In a large pitcher, dissolve sugar in lemon juice.
- Add water, lemon slices and ice cubes. Serve cold.
More Summer Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog