This delicious Peppermint White Hot Chocolate recipe is a perfect way to warm up on a chilly day! Curl up next to the fire and jazz up your winter day with the impeccable combination of white chocolate and peppermint. Delicious and simple, all you need are a few ingredients to whip up this Peppermint White Hot Chocolate that will be a holiday hit at your house!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Whipping up a fresh, hot brew of Peppermint White Hot Chocolate will be a hit for everybody in the house! This is a great drink that the kids will love to warm up with after a day of playing out in the snow. Treat your spouse after a freezing cold snow-shoveling session with a fresh cup. Most importantly of all, make enough for yourself to get cozy and toasty with at the end of the long day!
The best part about this recipe is that you can mix up the chocolate used to make this if you are in the mood for the more traditional milk chocolate, or even dark chocolate. However, we think that the white chocolate used in this makes for quite a strikingly beautiful drink! You have the freedom to garnish this how you like as well; candy canes, mini marshmallows, and whipped cream are all great choices to top this delicious drink!
Ingredients to Make Peppermint White Hot Chocolate:
- whole milk
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate wafers
- mini candy canes
How to Make Peppermint White Hot Chocolate:
In a small sauce heat milk and vanilla on medium heat until the edges just start to bubble, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until completely melted. Add in candy canes and continue to stir until dissolved. Pour into two mugs and garnish with marshmallows, whipped cream, or crushed candy canes.
Notes & Tips
- White Chocolate: You can absolutely use milk or dark chocolate if preferred.
- Wafers: You can use white chocolate chips or a bar of white chocolate chopped into chunks, just be sure to use a high quality chocolate for the best results.
- Mini Candy Canes: The amount of candy canes added depends on how much peppermint flavor you prefer. If you’re not sure, start with three and if it needs more add another one.
How to Store:
Refrigerator: Store in the fridge for up to two days, reheat in a saucepan on the stove.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Peppermint White Hot ChocolateCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup white chocolate wafers
3-4 mini candy canes
- In a small sauce heat milk and vanilla on medium heat until the edges just start to bubble, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until completely melted. Add in candy canes and continue to stir until dissolved.
- Pour into two mugs and garnish with marshmallows, whipped cream, or crushed candy canes.
More Holiday Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog