This Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Tortellini provides you with a hearty and flavorful meal while still being incredibly easy to make! Let your crockpot do all the heavy lifting while you get to enjoy the delicious end result.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Tuscan dishes are Italian/Mediterranean inspired meals that have two defining factors: the ingredients are typically less expensive, and it can be made into large quantities. And our slow cooker Tuscan chicken recipe certainly lives up to its heritage! Not only will you likely find most of these ingredients already in your kitchen, but it makes an excellent choice for serving large groups.
One ingredient you may not have, but is absolutely essential, is sun-dried tomatoes. You won’t want to skip on the sweet and tangy flavors mixed with spinach, cheeses, and seasonings to come together for an incredible dish. And since it already has chicken, you can serve this as a full meal- does it get any easier (or tastier)?
Ingredients to Make Tuscan Chicken Tortellini:
- chicken broth
- chicken breast
- italian seasoning
- minced garlic
- sun dried tomatoes
- cream cheese
- parmesan cheese
- cheese tortellini
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Tortellini:
Combine chicken broth, chicken breast, italian seasoning and minced garlic in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for two hours.
After two hours, mix in dried tomatoes, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Notes & Tips
- Chicken: You can use chicken thighs instead of breasts if you prefer dark meat. Just remove the meat from the bone before placing into the slow cooker.
How to Store Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Tortellini:
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, allow to cool completely then transfer to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Freeze for up to three months.
- You can use leftover or precooked chicken in this recipe if you already have it.
- Be sure to completely submerge uncooked pasta in the liquid so that it will fully cook through.
- Do not lift the lid of the crockpot in the 30 minutes that the pasta is cooking. This will allow heat to escape and pasta may not cook all the way.
- Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or in a saucepan on the stove with a bit of milk to help loosen it.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken TortelliniCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
4 cups chicken broth
1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cubbed
2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
8 ounces fresh spinach
20 ounces cheese tortellini
- Combine chicken broth, chicken breast, italian seasoning and minced garlic in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for two hours.
- After two hours, mix in dried tomatoes, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach and tortellini. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
More Chicken Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog