Enjoy this Swiss and Spinach Quiche that is a super tasty, healthy, recipe that is perfect for every meal! This savory dish has a delicious combination of swiss cheese and fresh spinach, encompassed by a beautifully golden, flaky, crust. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, this is a great quiche that won’t even have crumbs left over!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Swiss and Spinach Quiche features the distinctive taste of swiss with the classic quiche component of fresh spinach. Your family will be thrilled that something healthy can taste this good! You will love how simple it is to make too. With a quality store bought pie crust, this dish can be prepared in 5 minutes.
Prepare this for a Sunday breakfast or brunch, or a tasty weekday dinner. This recipe shines with the taste of swiss cheese and spinach but you can very easily substitute out swiss for any of your other favorite cheese. There are endless possibilities for this super versatile dish.
Ingredients to Make Swiss and Spinach Quiche:
- pie crust
- salt + pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- frozen spinach
- swiss cheese
How to Make Swiss & Spinach:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out your pie crust and place it into a 9in pie dish then crimp the edges. Beat together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Layer spinach then swiss cheese in the pie crust and pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the middle is set then remove from the oven and serve.
Notes & Tips
- Milk: if you don’t have milk and can’t get to the store, you can substitute it with the same amount of heavy cream.
- Frozen spinach: you can also use fresh spinach, uncooked but we would suggest using 2 cups as it will shrink.
- Swiss cheese: you can use whatever cheese you prefer as well, we only suggest that it’s freshly grated for the best flavor.
- Add-ins: easily add in your favorite breakfast meat if preferred, as long as it is precooked. Chopped bacon, cubed ham or chopped sausage are great options!
How to Store Swiss & Spinach Quiche:
Refrigerator: you can either cover your pie dish with cling wrap or move the quiche to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. When ready to eat, just warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.
Freezer: you can freeze the whole quiche or slices of it in freezer baggies for 2-3 months. When ready to eat, allow to thaw in the fridge for a day then warm in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Swiss & Spinach QuichePrint Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 1 cup swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out your pie crust and place it into a 9in pie dish then crimp the edges.
- Beat together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Layer spinach then swiss cheese in the pie crust and pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the middle is set then remove from the oven and serve.
More Breakfast Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog