A little sweet, a little sour, and oh so refreshing! This Grapefruit Paloma is an excellent tequila option for a quick and relaxing cocktail.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
When most of us think about tequila, we immediately think of margaritas – and who can blame us? They are delicious. But if you’re looking for something with a slightly different flavor profile, you need to try a grapefruit paloma. Still showcasing that smooth tequila flavor we all love, this cocktail is an easy favorite.
Another perk to this cocktail is it requires no special tools! No mixing, crushing, or shaking like many popular cocktails. It’s as easy as squeeze and pour! This makes it the perfect drink for a lazy afternoon with a can’t-be-beat combination of grapefruit and lime flavors.
Ingredients to Make Grapefruit Paloma:
- lime wedge
- grapefruit juice
- club soda
How to Make Grapefruit Paloma:
Muddle together the lime wedge and sugar in the bottom of a glass until juices are released.
Add in tequila, grapefruit juice and club soda. Fill the rest of the glass with crushed ice and garnish with grapefruit and lime slices.
Notes & Tips
- Club Soda: You can substitute tonic water for the club soda if preferred but the taste will be slightly different.
- Sugar: Honey syrup or agave nectar work well for substitutions to the sugar.
- Tequila: Make a paloma mocktail by replacing the tequila with more club soda.
Expert Tips for Grapefruit Paloma
To get the sugar rimmed glass – place ½ cup of large sugar crystals on a plate and wet the rim of a glass with a grapefruit wedge. Dip the glass in the sugar then make your paloma.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
A free Cinnamon & Sage Co. meal planner and shopping list!
Grapefruit PalomaCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
1 lime wedge
1 tablespoon sugar
2 ounce tequila
1 ½ ounce grapefruit juice
2 ounces club soda
- Muddle together the lime wedge and sugar in the bottom of a glass until juices are released.
- Add in tequila, grapefruit juice and club soda. Fill the rest of the glass with crushed ice and garnish with grapefruit and lime slices.
More Drink Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you thought with a comment below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @cinnamonandsagecoblog